|Panache Sports bra in gray|
The Panache sports bra is a bra sized sports bra that comes in 28-40 back sizes and B-H cups (although not all cup sizes are available in all band sizes). Panache as a brand works on creating support lingerie for large breasted women and their sports bras focus on reducing bounce during workouts. The Panache sports bra has a racerback option and has an underwire. Panache won the UK sports bra band of the year in both 2012 and 2013 for the UK Lingerie Awards. The bra itself has encapsulation cups, not compression cups.
FitI've heard that the Panache sports bra runs large in the cup, and, thankfully, that turned out to be the case because the 34H was a perfect fit (from my best guess I would need normally a 32J in Panache). The 34 band felt pretty comfortable at the time too. I really can't say much here because the fit was spot on and the sports bra felt incredibly comfortable! I often find in Panache bras that I need to size down in cups quite a bit compared to other brands (for instance, I wear a 32K in Curvy Kate and Ewa Michalak).
BounceAs great as the fit, feel, and shape of the Panache sports bra were, I didn't feel quite as secure as in my Freya Active sport bras. Granted, it could be due to the 34 band over my usual 32 band. I think one issue too was that The Full-Figured Chest said she normally leaves the straps as long as possible and then turns it into a racerback. Since I was just trying it on for a minute, I didn't try out the racerback option, which might have helped me to feel more bounce-proof in the Panache sports bra. I'm not saying that I was bouncing around like crazy, though! Just that I didn't feel as secure as I expected.
That being said, the padding around the underwires was great and that really increased the comfort level, so I think with the racerback option, this might be a great sports bra! I feel like the Panache sports bra would do better if you need a sports bra for the entire day. I find Freya Active bras work best for just a short period of time and thanks to the padded underwires, the Panache sports bra would hold up a lot longer!
- The Full Figured Chest's original review can be found here.
- There are a ton of other reviews of the Panache sports bra out there: The Full Figured Chest, Bras I Love & Hate, FullerFigureFullerBust, Undigamer, Weirdly Shaped, Voluptuously Thin, StackDD+, Boosaurus, Undercover Lingerista, Invest In Your Chest, A Sophisticated Pair here and here, Single Mother Ahoy, the Fat Girls Guide to Running, Paula Kimmel, Fussy Busty, Marathoning for Real Women, Fashion Bust, BlogHer, Rarely Wear Lipstick, Sweet Nothings NYC, Muscular Hourglass, Lingerie Abstracts, Black and Tabby, By Baby's Rules, Where are my Knees, Bras and Body Image, Petite and Plentiful, Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish, Venusian Glow, Bra Nightmares, Crazy with Twins, Busts 4 Justice, Becky's Boudior
- For more sports bras/active wear reviews see Hourglassy.
- My previous Freya Active reviews: 30GG soft cup, 30H Performance wear, 32K underwired sports bra.
- Recall that this is a mini review so I do not own the item of clothing and can't comment on wear over time, how well it works for breastfeeding, price point etc. That being said, I don't think it would be that breastfeeding friendly since it is very full-coverage (honestly, I have yet to find a supportive sports bra that is!).
- Would I buy it? OH YES. I'm not sure if I'd use it for workouts so much as busy days with lots of walking and underneath tight T-shirts. It was so insanely comfortable that I didn't want to take it off!
- The Panache sports bra can be found at most online relaters that include full-bust brands, one of my personal favorites (FREE shipping!) is Large Cup Lingerie.
- I'd definitely suggest sizing down one cup size since it runs generous in the cups. If you want it for low impact, I think you can get away with going up a band size. That means for J cups in Panache they have a very good chance of getting away with this in the H cup. If you wear up to a K cup in other brands it's also worth a try (although I double a K cup in Panache could comfortably wear it).