- BiuBiu Maternity and Nursing wear! Excuse me while I do a happy dance. I wish we were planning a third just so I could try out the maternity wear. ;)
Doesn't their main model just look gorgeous with her bump? Congrats!
- I'm no longer the only lingerie blogger in Brazil who understands proper fit! Meet Under the Unders and she has a great fitting post here in Portuguese (but most of the rest of the blog is in English).
- A Sophisticated Pair is rolling out their Year 2 demographics, stay tuned!
- I've hit over 1000 responses to the Underbust Survey and am currently working on the results. Feel free to continue to add in responses, though!!
- Tutti Route is having a HUGE competition to win their entire range, see details below
- Parfait Affinitas with bras up to K cups can now be bought from both A Sophisticated Pair (for US readers) and Large Cup Lingerie (free international shipping) for more info on styles see here. Also if you're looking for reviews in the larger cup sizes see Boosaurus and Full Figured Chest.
- There's a new large cup brand out there called Sunday Intimates (for Facebook and Twitter), which has some gorgeous bras, robes and PJs in the range of 28-34 bands and D-H cups (those are UK H cups!). Some of my favorites are
- The Children's Place apparently has no sense whatsoever and were planning on coming out with these shirts
Seriously? As someone who works in a STEM field it's hard enough to get women in the already very male-dominated environment, but shirts like this just perpetuate the stereotype that women can't do math. Why was this shirt JUST for girls? Why are only female "subjects" included here? Why do certain things have to have a gender delineation anyway?
Thankfully, they removed this awful shirt from their line-up due to an awesome internet campaign (goes to show that you can make a difference and fight stereotypes!) but the fact that it was even made in the first place is disturbing. Moreover, if you read the comments on their facebook page after they announced the removal you'll see that many don't get what the problem is with this shirt. People, we have a long ways to go when it comes to equality (and not just for males vs. females either, but I digress).
- A new study found that fat shaming actually causes weight gain or at the very least prevents weight loss. This is just another reason to leave my pregnancy (and post-partum!) lard alone.
- Awhile back I stumbled upon these pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and baby wearing dolls. I think they're pretty cool because it's important for kids to learn the truth about their bodies, it's time to move on from the birds and the bees people!
- DD Atelier has some beautiful clothes (even if they're well outside of my price range, unfortunately!!). I also think they're great for work clothes and for women who want more coverage (definitely not always the easiest with a large bust)
|Chrystal Print Maxi Dress|
- Great read: There's more to motherhood than a Postpartum Body. One celebrity who is standing up to pressure to lose all the weight the second after birth is Kristen Bell. She actually had the audacity to appear in public without losing it all, go Kristen! ;)
- I've recently dropped a bit in my cup size (seems like I'm currently about a 32J in Fantasie and a 32K in Ewa Michalak, possibly a 32JJ in their PL's), which means that I'm eyeing up Comexim, since there's a chance that I might fit in their size range. An added motivation? The conversion rate with the Brazilian Real has gotten much, MUCH worse when it comes to Euros and Pounds so purchases new clothes and bras has really put me in a pinch. With the rising price of Ewa Michalak bras, it looks like I might need to find a new go to brand.
- Ureshii Designs is doing an awesome job of mixing prints and solids, one of my favorites is this retro number
My own order from them should be here before too long, yay!!
- For Bravissimo Dotty Spot lovers, rejoice because it's back with a new color:
- If you're on the large ends of the cup sizes, don't feel like you can't have a halterneck bra!
- Interesting article on the Lingerie Addict about the pricing of lingerie and corsets. I think the bottom line comes down to
"In my mind…. most prices are reasonable. They’re just not a good fit for all demographics. "
- I JUST saw on twitter that Curvy Kate's Star in the Bra will back in N. America comes this September, keep your eyes peeled ladies!