10. Stop playing sports. It's no surprise that atheletes are considered attractive what with them running around showing off their muscles in skimpy clothes. It's best to sit on your butt and do nothing all day just to make sure nobody is tempted by this..
|Adrian Peterson- running back for the Minnesota Vikings|
|David Beckham- English National Soccer Team|
|Cristiano Ronaldo- Portuguese National Soccer Team|
|Rafael Nadal- Spannish Tennis player formerly ranked #1|
9. Definitely no dancing. I don't think this one even needs an explanation...
8. Stop singing/playing in a band. It's hard to resist a guy with a great voice or one who rocks the guitar. When you combine the two? Just not right. If you want to spare us put down the guitar and pick up something less tempting, may I suggest the Tuba?
7. Put a shirt on! Seriously, what's with all these guys running around without shirts? It's like they want to be mobbed. I can't imagine what self-respecting guy would not wear a shirt. It's definitely the downfall of our society that guys go to the beach shirtless.
|Daniel Dae Kim|
6. Ditch the self-confidence. I hate to say it but sometimes we just can't resist the overly confident alpha male so it's best to be as meek and mild as possible, more Clark Kent rather than Superman. Definitely no Tony Stark
|Robert Downey Jr.|
5. Stop being a vampire. I can't say what it is about those blood suckers but so many find them irresistible. Maybe try going vegan?
|Robert Pattinson as Edward|
|Alexander Skarsgard as Eric from True Blood|
4. If you have smouldering eyes you should just wear, you know, contacts or glasses or something. Cover them up!!
3. Wear baggy clothes. Some love tall, lanky guys and when they go about wearing form fitting clothes, well, you can't help it if people start swooning?
|Jim Parsons as Sheldon- stop wearing tight T-Shirts and for the love of all things holy- put some pants on!|
2. Shave your head. It's hard to go on with your life when you're distracted by a guy's luscous locks of hair
oh wait... hmm. Maybe shaving isn't the best idea?
1. Ditch the Tailored Suits. Look what happens when you put Jesus in a tailored suit, that's definitely NOT appropriate for church! Kids cover your eyes!
|Jim Caviezel as Jesus|
|Jim Caviezel as Mr. Reese|
Long story short if you really want to be modest you should wear a hat, baggy clothes, and basically sit around doing nothing. On second thought even that might not work.
|Jeff Bridges as the Dude|
Disclaimer: Just in case this isn't infinitely clear already, the point of this post is to question the multitude of rules that women deal with when it comes to how they act and dress in order to not "tempt" males**. The idea behind modesty is that men are basically mindless sex maniacs that can't be controlled so you have to "protect" yourself as a female by dressing and acting modestly i.e. in such a manor that a male wouldn't be turned on by your appearance and/or persona. This also assumes that women are somehow NOT sexual creatures and can't be "tempted" in the same way. I beg to differ.
Once you break down what people are attracted to (and that varies radically from individual to individual) you'd have to outlaw basically everything. That's why the focus needs to always be on appropriate behavior around others that you're attracted to. As humans we have enough self-control not to go up and slap somebody's ass just because we find them attractive and if not that needs to be taught ASAP. If you're still having problems with that why not move to a private island in the middle of nowhere? Or buy one of the Bluth's houses...
* Stumble as in Romans 14:21
** Well, and the assumption that this only is a male to female thing in and of itself is obviously flawed.