Eventually, the BP turned into the S bra and there were a few pictures of this hot pink bra floating around but no word when it would show up. Finally, after about a year of waiting, I was able to try the legendary S bra!!!
FitI've always known that while Ewa Michalak plunges (PL's) are gorgeous bras but they never fit my shape nearly as well as CH's (CH Toffik, CH Black Bikini, and CH Biszkopty). Thus, I was pretty worried once it became clear that with pregnancy weight gain I was now outside of the CH size range.
However, as luck would have it the S bra came out and I had to get it ASAP! After worrying about sizes for a long time, I finally decided on getting both the 70K and 70KK with the assumption that the 70K would fit now and the 70KK would fit post-partum while nursing. Also, thankfully, these bras ARE returnable so that made the decision making process much easier!
As it turns out the 70K was an amazing fit! It's very similar to the CH in that it has narrow wires with a lot of depth. Moreover, I find that the center gore is lower than a lot of full-fit bras from Panache, Fantasie, and Freya in my size range (I'm currently about a 30JJ/32HH/32J in them at the moment).
I found in this bra that I get significantly LESS back/underarm fat than I do in my full-fit bras and I have a feeling that part of that just comes down to the amount of depth there is up front, so it's easier to hold in my breasts.
Now, the one slight drawback is that I do get some gaping underneath the straps. Besides that it's a perfect fit but this bra does come up higher than the PL underneath the straps. I didn't get a 70JJ to try on for comparison but since my breasts will most likely at least go up one size due to breastfeeding (and could go up two), I'll be able to check how the extra boob growth affects this gaping over time.
If my bra size was stable, I would probably put in a small stitch at the top of the cup, close to the strap to fix it, but it doesn't seem to make sense during pregnancy.
The back is a perfect fit, although this bra band does stretch out more quickly than my PL so post-partum I may have to get it altered.
For me I get a very rounded, up-lifted shape. If anything, I'm getting much more of an uplift than in my PL bra and more security throughout the day.
In terms of separation, I also have more separation than a PL but as you can see from the front there is no east-west problem like I get in many full-fit bras. Just as a comparison see the difference between the S bra and my Fantasie Kara:
I get significantly more uplift and my breasts are closer together. I prefer this look because I feel like it makes me look slimmer AND it gets my breasts off of my belly- something very important in this Brazilian heat!
When I take off my shirt this bra actually does a miracle. It somehow makes my bottom heavy, soft breasts get some slighty rounded mound shape above the bra itself! Seriously, I was IN SHOCK. I have never had that shape.. EVER in a bra.
Overall, it gets some huge points in my book on appearance!
Comparison to PLComparison between the 70KK PL and S bras
All comparisons in terms of measurements and pictures in this section were between the 70KK S and PL bras. However, they are both still too large for me (but the PL bra can be worn with pads, so I'll include a review in the next couple of days).
Here are the biggest differences that I've noticed in terms of shape:
- The wires on the S bra are higher- most noticeably underneath the arm.
- The cup depth is about the same, however, the S bra is noticeably narrower
- The S bra has quite a bit more height underneath the straps
- The S bra- similarly to the CHP- curves in slightly on top, which allows for more secure breasts and uplift.
I will say, though, that the sizing is pretty similar so for me I would imagine my PL size is also currently 70K.
- The Wisniowka does not include any push-up pads. I'm not sure if they will be added down the road or not.
- I did find the band initially looser on this compared to my PL in the same size.
- There are 4 rows of hooks
- The straps are smooth on this, which means you might have to adjust them more often than some of the more recent bras from Ewa Michalak that include embroidery on the straps. Additionally, they are fully adjustable.
- After the success of this bra, I was so sad to see the S Fresh released yesterday! I want this bra SO BADLY, especially since green and I get along extremely well. Unfortunately, I'm just too unsure about what size I'll be in the next month or two that I'm afraid to order. Can't even tell you how sad I am...
|Ewa Michalak S-Fresh|
- Voluptuous, but Beautiful has two guest reviews on the S bra here and here. And XLHourglass reviewed it here.