|Fantasie Susanna Antique Gold|
|Fantasie Kara in Midnight|
FitMy guess of getting a 30J was spot on. There was some *slight* room at the top of the cups initially but I've grown into it since then. While I can wear it without an extender, I find it uncomfortable for any extended period of time due to how high the baby is sitting, so I've decided to wear this with an extender. I figure, it's better to buy and wear with an extender now so after birth then I can wear it normally without an extender and not have to worry about alterations!
In terms of wire width/depth, it also feels spot on for me, it's definitely a comfortable fit.
The side view I love. Again, I'm getting the same rounded shape as I did with both the Fantasie Tina/Yvonne. Fantasie really does seem to do a good job of providing enough depth in their bras so that I don't feel smashed and I don't have to size up a million sizes to get enough depth and the wires end up being too wide.
That being said, I'm much more "eh" about the front view. It spreads my breasts out too far, which goes against my natural shape of close set, up front breasts. The issue is that the center gore is high (measures at 4.5") and is very wide too. This has the effect of pushing my breasts out to the sides.
Now, I'm not a fan of super short center gores either. The Yvonne measured in at 4", which appears to be the perfect height for me. Somehow that extra half an inch causes a lot more problems. Not only does it spread out my breasts too much but it also comes up so high that I can't wear it underneath lower cut tops/wrap tops without it showing my bra. Pretty frustrating because I own a good deal of wrap tops!
- Even with my horrible camera quality, I found the color in my pictures much closer to the actual color of the bra. The pictures of the Fantasie model shows a much lighter color than it is in person.
- The straps are sturdy and thick, no complaints there!
- I do find the band on the tighter side, or at least it feels tighter than my Panache Tango in 30JJ (currently the other bra I'm wearing at the moment!).
- The material is different than the Fantasie Yvonne. Where the Yvonne has a great almost silky feel to it, the Kara falls much more into your standard sheer cup bra category.
- Another thing worth noting is that the cups themselves are not too tall on this. In my Panache Tango the cups themselves are quite tall. This may be great for a lady with full on top breasts, but with my bottom heavy breasts I prefer the shorter cups of the Kara (and this also prevents gaping underneath the straps).
- A Sophisticated Pair reviewed the Fantasie Salsa today and found the same fit as I did on the Kara. Basically, there was a nice rounded shape from the side but from the front it spread out her breasts too wide. What she did mention, though, is that some ladies with wider torsos and/or wide set breasts might do very well for that shape.