- Urkye is coming out with the perfect little black dress sometime in 2013. I'm just hoping there are a few around after this baby comes out!
|From Urkye's Blog|
- Ewa Michalak has been busy. For smaller breasted ladies they now have 3D/3DM shapes
For larger breasted ladies the S shape is supposed to come out shortly (from what I understand this is similar to the BP that was discussed previously). It has a higher center gore than the PL and more uplift. The only example that I know of so far is here but I believe this should be returnable in the larger cup sizes (good if you don't know your size!).
- If you're eager to get your hands on many of Ewa Michalak's new styles then make sure to check out Venusian*Glow's Ewa Michalak bra giveaway! I know I've already signed up. :D
- Fantasie has quickly become one of my favorite brands (see here) and they've recently released pictures of their 2013 swim collection
and their 2013 Lingerie collection. My personal favorites are
|Celia- I LOVE the white lacing and high-waisted briefs!|
|Ivory Susanna- perfect for any brides this year!|
|Jennifer - I love the water color look here, reminds me of the BiuBiu Summer City if it came in purple|
- Bras I Hate & Love recently had a great post on what's still missing from the large cup market and how the job of bra engineers is far from done! I personally have some strong feelings about soft cup bras in large cup sizes along this same vein that I'll be sharing here shortly.
- I was recently seen over at Invest in Your Chest! Check out the interview here.
- Readers should know already that I'm fascinated with surveys that show how diverse female bodies are and also try to give a better understanding of how clothes designers could structure outfits. That's why I was thrilled to stumble upon 3 Hours Past's Waist to Hip Ratio Survey. She found that women's waist-to-hip ratio increases when you increase the average waist size. One thing I'm looking forward to seeing if the variation in this ratio is also higher at the large end of the spectrum (my personal guess from what I've seen in my own Underbust Survey for plus-sized ladies). If it turns out to be the case, it just reemphasizes the difficulties of plus-sized clothing manufacturers when it comes to making well-fitting clothes.
- Venusian*Glow has done a series on Reader Metamorphosis (going from ill-fitting bras to well-fitting bras). My personal favorite is a reader going from a 36D to a 34E. It clearly shows how even a SMALL change can drastically increase lift, support, and appearance!
- Some of the reviews for the Freya Active in K cup are coming out now (Les Gros Bonnet and Voluptuously Thin). I know I'll definitely have to get one postpartum so I'm so thankful to have lots of good info (hint it seems that both the band and cups run on the bigger side). If you're looking to buy one look no further than Large Cup Lingerie (yay, to free shipping!)
- I haven't forgotten about Ureshii Designs. I've finally decided to take the plunge and order their Starlight dress in maternity wear. I just need to get off my lazy butt and take my current measurements.
|Ureshii Designs Starlight|
- Curvy Kate plans on coming out with a babydoll in AW2013! I personally can't wait
- Already Pretty's post on Clothing vs. Body is a good reminder for everyone.
- Boosaurus tackles the tough question of what happens when you're a large breasted teen and your mom isn't supportive of helping you find bras that fit.