The only issue was, what one should I choose? Seriously, they have way too much cute options like
|Christmas Reindeer print in Nordic pattern|
|Space Print Big Knickers|
The ordering processBeing that this was my first foray into made-to-measurement briefs I was not sure what to expect. Holly from The Full Figured-Chest encouraged me to write down all my fit problems and send an email directly to Nichola from Knickerocker. I ended up doing just that covering these main fit issues that I constantly run into with underwear:
- High Waisted briefs were never high enough on me due to my long torso.
- The backs of briefs never provided enough coverage, however, sizing up meant the hips/leg holes were too large and I would get a wedgie
- The crouch area was typically too wide
- I have a rounded stomach so a too low band tended to roll down
Nichola got back to me quickly and let me know that she could make high-waisted briefs according to my measurements (she asked for hip, waist, and rise measurements) and that she could make a brief that had a similar colorway to the Curvy Kate Grape Thrill Me but in opposite colors to the bra. I was thrilled!
Now, unfortunately, I caught her right before she went on vacation and there was a bit of a mix up because I was hoping to get the briefs delivered to the states during my trip. However, her customer service was excellent during the entire process and she even offered to cover the extra shipping charges to Brazil when my briefs were not done in time.
Overall, everything went extremely smoothly and I'd definitely order again!
FitDue to the slight mix up, I didn't end up getting my briefs until I was already about 8 weeks pregnant so I never did get a chance to try them on at the measurements that I gave Nichola. However, even with my expanding belly I found that they were a great fit on my bottom and the avoided all the usual pitfulls that I ran into with briefs.
For once my butt was actually covered! I didn't find the thighs too big and the crouch area wasn't overwhelming large! Also these were actual high-waisted briefs. At this point with my expanding belly they come up to my belly button (In the pictures below I'm 18 weeks pregnant). However, I imagine at my pre-pregnancy measurements they would have come up perfectly to my natural waist.
|18 weeks pregnant|
|18 weeks pregnant|
I really love the detailing on these guys! They go amazingly well with my Curvy Kate Thrill Me and I'm the only one in the world with this set. :)
I'm also such a fan of high-waisted briefs and the seamless look that they provide that I really like how they appear underneath pants too. They're not even half bad on my pregnant belly. :)
- Nichola did send a note along with these suggesting that I hand wash them. I have to admit that I never have a chance to do that and just throw them in the actual wash (but not the dryer). So far there has been no ill effects beyond a small loose thread that I was able to clip off easily.
- Knickerocker really seemed to handle my long rambling email well and she found fabric that was not even listed on the website to make my briefs so if you have a specific need it's definitely worth asking!
- VERY IMPORTANT! Holly is having a Knickerocker give away over on her blog for $50 so hurry up and sign up before it's too late! I know I sure have. :)